Emergency Vehicle Technician – Diesel Mechanic Job Responsibilities:
Emergency vehicle technicians perform specialized automotive work on emergency vehicles like ambulances and fire trucks. Emergency vehicle technicians are trained to work on equipment and systems that are unique to emergency vehicles. They perform routine maintenance and repairs on emergency vehicles and keep detailed records of their work.
Emergency Vehicle Technician Mechanic Job Duties:
- Performs repair and maintenance of Emergency Vehicles and Equipment.
- Inspects, diagnoses, repairs and/or replaces components in drive trains, suspensions, fuel systems, electrical systems, air systems, hydraulic systems, brake systems, and all other systems found on fire apparatus, ambulances and other department vehicles.
- Reads manuals and other materials related to repair and maintenance of fire apparatus, ambulances and other department vehicles.
- Opens work orders, keeps and maintains records, reports, and service logs.
- Performs services and repairs at fire stations and other locations.
- Repairs minor body damage.
- Installs and maintains emergency equipment on new vehicles.
- Ability to order and obtain proper parts from parts department.
- May maintain parts inventory on service truck.
- Diagnose and repair all types fire pumps and components.
- Have a working knowledge of fire pump operation.
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities.
- Test the part or equipment and perform quality check after work is complete.
- At end of shift, secure all equipment and machinery, and complete all required paperwork.
- Knowledgeable of NFPA 1901 and NFPA 1911 is plus.
- Works well without direct supervision, must be self-motivated and proactive in completing duties of the position.
- Subject to recall during off-duty hours for critical vehicle repairs.
- Responsible for keeping building and work area clean, neat, and in order.
- Responsible for maintaining maintenance and service records on all district vehicles and equipment.
Emergency Vehicle Technician – Diesel Mechanic Skills and Qualifications:
Tooling, Supply Management, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Technical Understanding, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Inventory Control, Job Knowledge, Diesel Mechanic Experience required, Experience working with Emergency Vehicles not required but preferred; training in specified area will be provided, CDL Class B.
Job Type: Full-time
Education and/or Experience
- Must have earned a High School Diploma, or a GED
- Work experience in Emergency Vehicle repairs and/or 3 years fire department experience with mechanical background
- Must have ability to pass EVT and ASE tests
- Must have own tools.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Has the ability to think outside current circumstances, develop new and effective solutions and also recognizes unique opportunities
- Able to generate ideas, and conceive multiple solutions
- Excellent planning ability which ties to corporate vision
- Maintains a current knowledge and appreciation of all Product Support functions
- Uncompromising integrity, moral values, ethics, honest, truthful and straightforward
- Strong coordinating, time management and organizational skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- MS Office
- Must have a valid Class B CDL driver’s license or be able to obtain license within 6 months
Please send your resume’ and cover letter, with salary requirements, to….
David Carter Donley Safety email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE